Sunday 16 April 2017

Letter to a friend

Today's prompt is to write a poem inspired by letter writing. It could be addressed to a person, thing, or place. Whom better to address it though than a dear friend whom I miss very much? (This poem is actually addressed to all my friends, scattered all over the world, whom I miss every day.)

I miss

Dear friend of mine so far away
Do you know how much I miss you?
Do you know how much I think about you
And the laughs we had together?

I miss your unsentimental sentimental way
Of telling me you miss me too,
Of how you wish I could also be there
To share new adventures with you.

One day, dear friend, I hope to visit,
Perhaps I'll be fortunate enough to stay,
But until then, I love you, my dear friend
And I miss you every single day.

Andrea Vermaak
 

No comments:

Post a Comment