Monday 10 April 2017

A portrait of The Doctor

I am, I confess, completely obsessed with Doctor Who. Tonight, I watched the last three episodes of season 9, with Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor, all in a row. I cried, as usual.

One of the Gallifreyans stated that The Doctor's weapon is his words. You'd, like me, agree if you're as great a fan as I am. This poem was inspired by the statement above. I don't care if it's cheesy to write about The Doctor. I like this poem and that's all that matters to me.

Also, the prompt for today is to write a portrait poem. Ironically, this fits the prompt rather well.


 The Doctor

If words are his weapon
Then his tongue is sharp
His wit cuts through the darkness
To reveal both laughter and pain

If his eyes told stories
Then you'd listen for days
In awe of adventures and dangers
Of his losses and gains

If the lines in his face could speak
Then you'd know of deep joys
Of triumphs and friendships
And of anger and pain deeper still

If his silence had volume
Then it would deafen you
His sorrow and his rage
Are likely to kill

If words are his weapon
Then you're fortunate to hear them
They'll haunt your heart forever
They'll leave a tear-streaked stain

Andrea Vermaak

No comments:

Post a Comment