Friday 19 April 2019

ABC

Our optional prompt for today, as I sit and drink Vietnamese coffee on this beautiful but chilly morning, is to write a poem an 'abecedarian' poem. This is 'a poem in which the word choice follows the words/order of the alphabet.' We could write a poem 'in which there are twenty-six words in alphabetical order,' or 'in which each line begins with a word that follows the order of the alphabet.'

I would love to try to the former, but the latter seems more doable at this stage!

With the alphabet in mind, I'm inspired to write a poem about my teaching experiences....



The classroom

As I entered the classroom
beside the tuck shop
chaos reigned

Delightful laughter,
eavesdropping,
fibs

Guffaws at 
humour 
I don't understand

Jokes
kids get –
lame jokes

Mildly amusing
nonsense where
opinions don't matter

Posers,
queen bees and
rascals

Snitches,
tattle tellers and
unruly outsiders

Virtuous saints,
willing hands and 
xenodochial spirits

Yelling and
zealous learners!

No comments:

Post a Comment