Saturday 20 April 2019

Spoken word

Today, we're challenged to write a poem that is 'grounded in language as it is spoken.' Again, I am inspired by what happens in my classroom on a daily basis...


After second break

May I go and drink water, Ma'am? 
May I go to the bathroom?
Ma'am, have you heard the one about the 
chicken, the fox and the farmer?
Oh, and a bag of chicken feed!
Yes, you may go. Yes, go.
No.
Ma'am, were the questions for homework?
Which questions? Oh, yes. Yes. 
Please have a seat and take out your books.
We're going to mark the homework together.
What homework? Ma'am did we have homework?
When K get's back, can I go wash my hands?
Yes and yes. Now pencils in hand. Swap books.
What are we doing?
Someone messed water on the table!
Ouch! Can I get an ice pack from the nurse for my ankle?
Yes, go. Pencils. Number 1. What is...Jay? You have a question?
What number are we on? I didn't hear the answer for number one.
[audible sigh]

No comments:

Post a Comment