Tuesday 2 April 2019

Questions, questions...

Today's prompt is based on Claire Wahmanholm's poem The Meadow, The River. We are challenged to write a poem which 'similarly resists closure by ending on a question, inviting the reader to continue the process of reading (and, in some ways, writing) the poem even after the poem ends.'

Challenge accepted! Again, I am not sure I am able to meet the standards of the above mentioned poem.


Independently dependent

I found courage in my heart,
but fear in my mind

Yet I stepped out into the unknown,
tripped,
but got back up
and stood my ground
out of defiance of my own doubt

I fell,
hit rock bottom,
but was lifted higher
because I trusted, prayed –
In my independence
I would never be alone.

Do you believe in God?



No comments:

Post a Comment