Saturday 14 April 2018

Dreams

I have a few recurring dreams which all have specific meanings that actually make sense somehow.

Today, we are to write entries for an imaginary dream dictionary. We are to pick one or more words from a given list and write about what it means to dream of these things.

I have chosen the words 'seagull' and 'rowboat'. I often dream of the sea, and love everything related to the sea, so I find these words most fitting to write about.

I'd like to give my poem a dream-like quality, hiding the dream's meaning within it...



To drift along the shore,
seagulls soaring,
crying out for 
your attention

One lands in your rowboat
as you leap across the waves,
as if to protect you
from the chaos

He lifts off,
lands in the water
beside you
as the calm sea
lets you float 
into oblivion –
You could care less
about the squawking shore





No comments:

Post a Comment