Thursday 19 April 2018

Erase and reimagine

Today's challenge is twofold. Firstly, we are to write a paragraph in which we briefly recount a story, describe the scene outside a window, or give directions from our house to the grocery store. We are then to erase words from the paragraph, or use the words of the paragraph to create a poem.

Below is my paragraph, followed by my poem:

Outside my window is a small, overgrown garden. Ivy winds its way up a pillar on my patio, while an explosion of lavender invades a small patch of grass and peeks through the fence of intertwined honeysuckle. A small tree's leaves sadly hang their heads earthwards in desperate need of trimming. Succulents and daisies thrive, as does the grass which sneakily creeps into every single flower bed alongside a myriad of weeds. A garden gate invites sneak peeks, but keeps my 'country garden' private.



My garden winds;
an explosion of lavender, 

A small tree's leaves
sadly hang their heads earthwards,
desperate

Grass sneakily creeps
alongside a myriad of weeds












No comments:

Post a Comment