Sunday 27 April 2014

All lies...

I have yet again much on which to catch-up. The last few days I felt hopelessly uninspired and lacked the energy with which to find any inspiration, despite several NaPoWriMo prompts. Today, I simply must write something.

A prompt is to write a ten-line poem in which each line is a lie. I think my poem makes use of sustained metaphor more than anything. The ending is also a bit anticlimactic, forced even, in my opinion. Either way, here are my efforts...

 
Why flowers bloom
 
The earth is awoken with the sound of weeping -
Fairy tears water the earth to feed it,
To uncurl tendril arms
Which embrace the saddened earth child
 
Delicate petals unfold to comfort
Lonely, broken hearts of tiny beings
In which children don't believe
 
Flower heads rock sleepy heads
To dream of a land where sunshine smiles
 
The earth blooms to bring fairies hope.
 
Andrea Vermaak
 


No comments:

Post a Comment