Friday 11 April 2014

Let's begin...

Two days ago, I came across National Poetry Writing Month, affectionately known as NaPoWriMo.
Founded by poet Maureen Thorson in 2003, NaPoWriMo is an annual project in which participating poets attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April.

I was already nine days late in taking up the challenge when I discovered this wonderful creative project. I am now eleven days late. Tomorrow I will be twelve. Life happens. Nonetheless, I am willing to attempt to write thirty poems before the end of April. I intend to use as many of the prompts given as possibly, and quite unashamedly.

If you are also feeling the nudge towards picking up your quill to jot down a few poetic thoughts, visit www.napwrimo.net and join me. It is never too late!

Happy writing!

Follow on Twitter @napwrimo2014.
'Like' on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Poetry-Writing-Month/415972748492192?fref=ts.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment