Wednesday 8 April 2020

A poem within a poem?

Today's prompt is "to peruse the work of one or more" of the recommended Twitter bots and to "use a line or two, or a phrase or even a word" to inspire a poem.

I didn't have to look very far to know that I love this line on the Sylvia Plath Bot (@SylviaPlathBot) Twitter account: "I am not ready for anything to happen."


I am not ready

I am not ready for anything to happen
until I am done writing poetry
and creating tiny bits of art

I am not ready to leave
until I am done reading 
my Russian murder mystery

I am not ready to step back out
until I am comfortable in my home
- perhaps I am already too comfortable?

I am not ready for anything new
until the old matters have resolved themselves
and fought their fight

I am not ready for anything to happen –
yet.

Andrea Vermaak © 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment