Saturday 18 April 2020

The little things

We're challenged today to write an ode to life's small pleasures. There is so much that I enjoy and so many things for which I am grateful, I could write volumes. However, I'm going to try to focus my thoughts...


Every little thing

It's being able to lie in,
not rush,
do my own thing

It's time with family,
with friends,
just sitting with them

It's fresh filter coffee,
cheese cake
and flowers in my garden

It's bird song,
a spring breeze,
even contented silence

It's an absorbing book,
sad songs
and poetry

It's night markets,
violins
and laughter

It's dancing across the street,
watching sunsets with friends
and sad goodbyes

It's every little thing
in every little moment
forever in my mind


Andrea Vermaak © 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment