Wednesday 15 April 2020

...and cue music!

Today's prompt has arrived right on schedule. I've been itching to try my hand at writing lyrics and now we've been challenged to write a poem inspired by our favourite kind of music. I can't wait!

Now, I happen to like several different genres and performers, but I've had one particular song in my head for a few days. Perhaps I will try to write my own lyrics to the rhythm...or at least part of the song.


Don't go 

Could you not,
Could not go far away?
Not today -
I'll miss it all

Could you stay?
Could you not just stay today?
Don't fade away -
I'll miss it all

Tell me, can you turn back time?
I need you now -
don't turn me down
Tell me, can turn back time?
Just turn around
and tell me that you'll stay

I wish you weren't leaving today,
If only I could make you stay,
don't go, don't go, don't go,
don't you go away


Andrea Vermaak © 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment